Suspect killed after ‘unauthorized entry’ at Mar-a-Lago

WASHINGTON D.C. – U.S. Secret Service shot and killed an armed suspect following an “unauthorized entry” into President Donald Trump’s Palm Beach Mar-a-Lago estate early Sunday morning.

Trump, who remained in Washington, D.C. over the weekend and attended a dinner for governors at the White House Saturday evening, was unharmed.

USSS says the suspect, a male in his 20s, appeared to be carrying a shotgun and “fuel can” when he was confronted by agents and a Palm Beach Sheriff’s deputy.

Palm Beach County Ric Bradshaw briefed reporters Sunday morning, describing the events leading up to the suspect being shot.

“At 1:30 this morning, the security detail detected that an individual had made his way into the inner perimeter of Mar-a-Lago. A deputy and two Secret Service agents on the detail went to that area to investigate. They confronted a white male that was carrying a gas can and shotgun. He was ordered to drop those two pieces of equipment that he had with him. At which time, he put down the gas can, raised the shotgun to a shooting position at the point in time, the deputy and two Secret Service agents fired their weapons and neutralized the threat,” said Bradshaw.

No deputies or Secret Service agents were injured during the confrontation. The FBI is leading the investigation.

It is unclear if the suspect was targeting the president, any members of his family, or the property itself. Earlier this month, Ryan Routh was sentenced to life in prison for attempting to assassinate the president at Trump’s Palm Beach golf course in September 2024, two months following an assassination attempt on Trump in Butler, Penn., when he was grazed in the ear by a bullet.

This is a developing story.

Recommended Posts

Lewiston ID - 83501

54°
Partly cloudy
Sunday
Sun
57°
40°
Monday
Mon
53°
43°
Tuesday
Tue
49°
39°
Wednesday
Wed
51°
34°
Thursday
Thu
54°
37°
Friday
Fri
54°
35°
Saturday
Sat
50°
33°
Loading...